Sunday, April 11, 2010

What a weekend

No weight change today.  Not 100% sure why.  I'm wondering if I'm retaining water from my workout yesterday.  In any case, we went to the park yesterday afternoon and walked around for about an hour.  It was a great exercise, and we were really glad we did it.  But the rest of the day, I felt like hell.  I was hungry, cranky, and fatigued.  I ate more than I planned to, although I still stayed at around 700 calories.  We went to church last night with some friends, then went to Chili's (I had the guiltless chicken and steamed broccoli - that's it), and to Barnes & Noble.  I didn't really have fun, and I normally really enjoy hanging out with them.  I know it wasn't them; it was me.  I was just in a bad mood. 

Then, my mom called me at 8:30 this morning and asked me to come take her to the hospital.  She'd gotten dizzy and fainted while on the toilet last night, and fell smack on the floor and hit her head.  She actually hit her shoulder and her head on the wall, then her head and knee when she hit the floor.  She had big welts and wasn't in horrible pain, so she wasn't worried enough to call me.  Trust me, she got a lecture for waiting 8 hours to call me!  But the good news is that all of the tests came back just fine.  We think she fainted because she had a little flu bug.  She's been known to pass out from being sick, even just moderately sick.  She felt crappy last night, but not too terribly bad.  I'm feeling pretty crappy today myself.  I took a two hour nap this afternoon, and I'm still very hungry.  My zero weight loss yesterday and the fact that my appetite seems to be going up is really discouraging.  I know, I shouldn't give up after a day, but I keep thinking, maybe I'd be better off following a strict meal plan, consuming 1200 to 1600 calories a day, no shot.  And it's spring, so my boyfriend and I can take a lot more walks. 

I know I shouldn't give up, but if I give up on the HCG for now, I'm not giving up on weight loss.  I'm hoping to get married in October and go on a honeymoon in Hawaii, and I want to be much more self-confidant before my wedding.  So, with or wihout HCG, I'm going to do it.  I'm done with ice cream, fried foods, etc.  But I just ate a bowl of my beef and cabbage recipe, a bowl that would have filled me up two days ago, and I'm still hungry.  That just kind of sucks.

3 comments:

  1. Yikes! What dose are you taking? And how often are you taking it? Are you doing injections or sublingual? It sounds to me as if you may need to adjust your dose, if you are feeling hunger pangs. Also, do you know about LifeCaps? They are a HUGE help to me while doing hcg. I couldn't make it through without them. They are a no-calorie, no-fat, no sugar capsule that is really made for survivalists. link here:

    http://www.lifecaps.net/

    They help with the hunger pangs. But really it sounds as if you may need to adjust your dose.

    Thanks you so much for leaving such a sweet and thoughtful post for me yesterday. It really meant a lot to me.... big hugs to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm doing injections, 20 (I guess IU?) a day (I can't remember the measurement unit). I was supposed to go down to 15 today, but I kept it at 20. I'll decide what to do tomorrow when I weigh. I'll check those pills out! Thanks for the tip!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Suzanne- I agree with Lavendardiva- your dose doesn't sound right- not to mention- maybe you are getting sick like your Mom- I am so sorry to hear she went throught that and didn't call you right away! Hang in there girl! You can do whatever you set your mind too! I couldn't exercise at all my first round- so I had to focus on eating right- i was very tired the first few days as well! Hang in there!
    Hope your mom feels better also!

    ReplyDelete