Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Things have changed, but things are good.

I've stopped the HCG for now.  I just couldn't do it.  I felt like crap.  I hated how exercising took everything out of me.  My appetite was increasing.  My last shot was Sunday morning and I didn't feel normal until today.  Once before I tried Prevention's Flat Belly Diet, but I didn't stick with it.  I'm going to do it again, starting tomorrow.  It's really late now, so I'll give more details later.

On the personal front, my boyfriend finished school, 4.0 GPA, voted best student by his teachers and best overall from his peers, and he got his #1 choice externship!!!  He just finished an 8 month pharmacy tech program.  I'm so so happy for him.  Mama's doing tons better, and she's thisclose to having a job.  The client wants her, they just have to get details straightened out.  So updates soon! 

ALSO, I got gutsy and emailed a major big wig at my company some suggestions, and he wants to meet with me to talk about my ideas more!!  I'm so psyched!!  This is the first day I've had energy in over a week, and it was a pretty dang good day.  I'm happy.  :)

3 comments:

  1. I still think your dose may be part of the problem. Also, you may know that Dr. Simeons said that you are not to exercise during the weight-loss phase of the protocol. Were you taking a potassium supplement? I find it absolutely necessary when I am in P2, otherwise I find my head sort of swoons and I feel dizzy, and must sit down. The potassium 3X's/day cuts that out entirely.

    I'm sorry you had a bad experience this time, and I hope you would consider trying again soon-

    Congrats on your meeting-

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I wonder why you can't exercise? That's really strange.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Here is what Dr. Simeons says about exercise while doing hcg:

    "We encourage swimming and sun bathing during treatment, but it should be remembered that a severe sunburn always produces a temporary rise in weight, evidently due to water retention. The same may be seen when a patient gets a common cold during treatment. Finally, the weight can temporarily increase - paradoxical though
    this may sound - after an exceptional physical exertion of long duration leading to a feeling of exhaustion. A game of tennis, a vigorous swim, a run, a ride on horseback or a round of golf do not have this effect; but a long
    trek, a day of skiing, rowing or cycling or dancing into the small hours usually result in a gain of weight on the following day, unless the patient is in perfect training. In patients coming from abroad, where they always use
    their cars, we often see this effect after a strenuous day of shopping on foot, sightseeing and visits to galleries and museums. Though the extra muscular effort involved does consume some additional calories, this appears to be offset by the retention of water which the tired circulation cannot at once eliminate."

    It seems that unless you are used to doing vigorous exercise like real athletes before you begin the protocol, while on hcg the exercise makes you retain water, thus leading to weight gains after the exercise. Most of the hcg'ers I've known steer clear of exercise while on the protocol.

    ReplyDelete