Friday, April 9, 2010

Forget pasta, I have acorn squash!

For dinner tonight, I made 99% lean ground turkey, baked acorn squash, and roasted asparagus. I know, you may be thinking "Squash??!!" but remember, I'm following the Omaha Med Spa version of the HCG diet.  It may not work, but I'm really hoping it will.  I am eating fewer calories than she recommends, but generally sticking to the foods she picked out.  If after a week or so it isn't working, ah hell who am I kidding?  No way can I get by on just spinach and asparagus and broccoli.  I need the variety to not go crazy.  Did I mention I work for a restaurant company where I get free food??  Not to mention the food that is always at the office!  I have to have yummy fruits and veggies to console me.  Anyway, I'll put the link to the Omaha Med Spa on the blog in case you want to see the menu.  And I've also linked The Daily Plate, where I log everything I eat and my exercise. 

Ok, so this squash.  I halved an acorn squash and put it cut side down in a baking dish.  Then I added a few tablespoons of apple cider to the dish.  Don't freak out!!  It doesn't have any added sugar, it was really just apples and spices in that bottle.  I would really hope the tiny bit that the squash soaked up wouldn't be enough to screw me up.  We shall see!  In any case, oh yeah I salted the sqush first.  Then I covered the whole thing and cooked it at 350 for about an hour.  Divine!!!  Then I overcooked the asparagus.  Ha!  But at least I had the squash to make up for it!

Back to my day:  I'm down 0.8 lbs today.  Truly, I was hoping for, like, 10.  Ok not really but I wanted to lose A LOT.  But I realize 0.8 lbs is nothin to shake a stick at and I should be grateful, so I am.  Done. 

This morning I did another experiment:  egg beaters.  Well it's not that much of an experiment; it's on the Omaha Med Spa plan.  I had a quarter cup of that with a little bit of frozen chopped bell peppers (cooked w/ the eggs obviously) and a Wasa crisp.  It was pretty dang good. 

For lunch I met a couple of good friends at a restaurant.  I was a tad nervous, but I planned what I was eating ahead of time!  I got a house salad, just lettuce, onions, and diced tomatos.  I brought a little packet of Walden Farms Creamy Bacon dressing.  Then, at the last minute, I ordered a side of steamed veggies (it's just broccoli and carrots, and I figured I'd pick out the carrots).  Oh, also, I didn't touch the chips and salsa that my friends ordered!!  Anyway, so my salad came out just fine, but the veggies were another story.  I ate two little pieces of broccoli and realized they had butter on them!  So I sent it back and got the steamed like I ordered.  The server was very apologetic and prompt with getting the new veggies out, but I was nervous those two delicious, butter-covered pieces of broccoli messed me up!  I knew something was wrong when the broccoli tasted pretty dang good. 

After dinner the boyfriend and I went to the local park and walked around the pond.  It was really nice, we had a good talk.  I have a lot of insecurities.  All he has to do is talk about dieting and exercising, even if he's just talking about how he wants to diet, or if he's talking about people in general, and I'll get insecure.  Two people wth food issues is not a good formula.  But we're really working to understand and trust each other.  I've found that if when he tells me I'm pretty and that he likes me the way I am, if I really work hard to believe him, eventually, I do. 

Now I just gotta work on believing that I think I'm pretty enough!

Ok he's telling me to write about boobs now, so it's time to sign off.  :)

2 comments:

  1. I can see from your picture that you are very pretty! Your boyfriend is only stating what is true- Wrapping your head around that is an entirely different subject, that I do understand. My husband tells me he thinks I'm pretty and thinks I have a good figure. Now, I am just under 200lbs, so let's think about that for a moment! If he was saying this when I was about 130-140, I'd be agreeing with him. However, I always have to remind myself that what HE sees in me is what counts. I love that he loves me the way I am, whatever that is! I am working on getting to a place where I can just say 'thank you' and appreciate that he likes what he sees.

    Congratulations on your good loss today! Its working!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I really appreciate the support. You're right; we're blessed to have men that love us for who we are and the way we are. It's not always easy to appreciate something as great as that, ironically!

    ReplyDelete