Thursday, April 8, 2010

This may be working!

169.6 this morning! My starting weigt was 168.4, but after my loading days, I was at 172.8. So I've shed almost all of the loading days weight. Hopefully it keeps up at this rate!

Yesterday was definitely hard. I ended up at about 700 calories. I was fairly hungry most of the day. I went to Whole Foods at lunch to get a salad and buy some fruit to get me through the afternoon, but I had forgotten to bring my Walden Farms salad dressing, and Whole Foods doesn't carry it, so I used the fat-free balsalmic vinegarette that's on the WF salad bar. I guess it didn't hurt me since I still lost weight! I also forgot to buy the Melba toast. I think that was a mistake. I ended up leaving work nearly an hour early because I was stressed and hungry, and it didn't help that someone near me popped popcorn! That ought to be illegal - popcorn in offices. Either they pop it right and it smells like divinity, torturing everyone, or they burn it and it smells like death, torturing everyone. It's a lose-lose. Ok fine, I've popped popcorn at work before, but it's ok when I do it. Just not when other people do it.

My stress was caused by my second interview for the analyst position! It was such a hard interview! The guys I interviewed with were really nice, but they asked seriously tough questions. Thinking questions, like, "A friend comes to you wanting advice on whether they should buy or lease a new car, how do you go about advising them?" or "The marketing team comes to you and wants to know if the promotion they just ran worked, how do you figure it out?" Just open-ended like that!! I know what they were trying to do; they wanted to see how I think. But it scared me to the job a bit. I was thinking, you're really not going to just expect me to walk in and do these things, right?? I hope this isn't one of those situations where I should just sit tight where I am. I do like my job, I'm just a bit bored with it. I can't really remember the last time I learned something new. Back in college when I was a competitive speaker, we use to have this phrase that we used all the time to practice impromptu speaches: "When you are green you're growing, when you're ripe, you rot." It makes a lot of sense.

Today I'm working from home, which is awesome... I can rebuild my iTunes while I do my recons. Yup, rebuilding iTunes... my old PC crashed and burned, taking my music with it. Never, ever buy an HP, ok? I have a Dell now, and I'm pretty happy with it so far, although if I had dinero, I'd have a Mac!!

L'Chaim! :)

4 comments:

  1. Hi Suzanne! You had a great loss today! You're gonna see that number on the scale coming down in no time- Hope you hear good news on your new job, real soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ps. Glad another Texas gal is on the protocol-- I'm in Houston....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks! I'm really optimistic; I've never really been hard core about a diet like this one. How long have you been on it?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I started my first round last October, of 2009. I've been doing approx. 43 day rounds since then, and I'm now on round 3. Like you, I've never been hard-core about dieting before. I've tried every diet known to womankind. I've lost this weight before, but gained it all back and very quickly. I've tried since then to lose it, and haven't been able to stick with anything until I found hcg. helderheid was the one who introduced me to hcg (check out her blog at 'journey to me via hcg' -- see the link on my blog). She is going to start her 5th or 6th round, I think, in May. She has lost all her weight, and will be doing a shaping round, just to lose the last few lbs and a few inches.

    It helps that there are a few of us doing it together and the support is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete