Saturday, April 10, 2010

It worked!

166.4 this morning!  I'm down 2.4 lbs from yesterday!!  Yippee!!  I'm well aware that some of that is probably water since I tinkled about 20 times yesterday, but I really don't care.  I am 2 lbs less than I was 6 days ago when I started the injections, and I had 3 days of loading in there!  My short-term goal is to get below 150; my long-term goal is to get to about 135, possibly 130, depending on how 135 looks on me.  I'm close to 5'7" so I would think 135 would be fine, and from there I'd need to tone. 

So I guess accidentally eating two bites of buttered broccoli, using 2 tsp of sugar-free coffee creamer in my coffee, and eating half of a delightful acorn squash didn't hurt me!  I went to bed somewhat hungry last night, which is really hard for me to do.  But I kept thinking about my business trip that I took to India and how I would go to bed so many mornings (we worked nights), with my stomach growling because I hadn't eaten much dinner, and I just didn't care.  I was tired, mildly homesick, and lonely.  To tell you the truth, not having my kitties with me at night was really hard.  But my bed at the hotel was super-comfortable, and all I ever wanted to do was sleep in it.  The food was sometimes good, but I found myself getting full pretty fast.  Also when it wasn't good - when it was too spicy - I could only eat so much before I'd give up.  So I lost 2 lbs in the two weeks I was there without exercising.  So I've been really trying to think of those concepts; stop eating when I'm not hungry anymore.  And going to sleep hungry isn't the end of the world; I sleep like a rock, I'll be fine. 

Oh my goodness, I'm so excited for today now!  I'm going to go make my breakfast, start some laundry, and watch my cooking shows.  Well maybe not the last one.  I do think I'll prepare a picnic for us to go to this local park we haven't been to.  Gonna get in even more exercise today and see what happens!!  Yay!

1 comment:

  1. I sure hope you had a great day today, 'cuz you started it with a BANG! -2.4lbs!!!! Whoa!! Congratulations-

    ReplyDelete